Even though 2018 is still young, it’s not too early to start planning your big event. What big life events do you have happening this year? Have you considered taking the party outdoors? Spring, summer, and autumn offer great opportunities to take advantage of delightful weather, longer days, and relaxing in the great outdoors. And who doesn’t love to breathe in a little fresh air?
Given all these benefits, why not consider taking those big events beyond the standard four walls? With just a little effort, planning your big event outdoors can be a fun way to get everyone together. Whether you’re hosting a family reunion, a baby shower, an anniversary party, a retirement party, or a graduation party, we’ve got some great tips to help you pull off an amazing outdoor event.
Planning Your Big Event Outdoors
One of the most difficult choices in the whole process can be finding the right site. Here’s a useful list of outdoor event venues in DC and here are some questions to ask before you narrow down your list and visit a few to find one that feels right:
- What is your agenda for the event? Knowing what the day-of plan for your event looks like ahead of time will help you choose a venue that sets the right tone. For example, if you’re hoping to do a surprise party, does the venue offer an easy way to conceal decor and guests from the guest of honor?
- What is your budget? It’s helpful to have a realistic budget in mind before you start planning your big event and looking at potential venues. There are obviously many cost-efficient outdoor spaces that you could use including, public parks, pavilions, gazebos, patios, picnic areas, and rooftop terraces. Some venues can package support services together with your space reservation for one package rate. Explore your options here.
- Are restrooms, parking, guest accommodations, and other amenities located within a reasonable distance? Perhaps the most important consideration when it comes to planning your big event outdoors or anywhere else is whether your guests are enjoying themselves. And comfortable guests are more likely to enjoy themselves. So make sure you have taken your guests’ needs into consideration. If restroom facilities are scarce, consider renting a luxury restroom trailer to make your guests feel like VIPs. Blue Ribbon Restrooms can help!
- What can you expect from Mother Nature? Are you working with a pavilion, gazebo, or place where your guests can seek shelter if Mother Nature decides to rain on your parade…err event? If your site is open air, consider renting tents or reserving another backup space in case of bad weather.
- What is your plan for food? If you’d like your guests to mingle freely, hors d’oeuvres and finger foods may be best. For a more formal vibe, you can have a sit-down, catered dinner under a covered or semi-covered area. Either way, consider whether you or your caterer will need electricity to pull off your incredible spread. Make sure your food choices match your chosen theme and atmosphere.
Case Study: Earth Day Themed Corporate Event
In the spring of 2017, a great corporate client of Blue Ribbon Restrooms hosted an Earth Day themed corporate event in its outdoor pavilion for about 450 guests. It was a chance to shake off the winter blues and enjoy a beautiful spring evening.
The tables were dressed in bright spring colors—pinks, blues, greens, and yellows. There were spring floral bouquets placed in the center of each table too.
They draped daisies from the ceiling of the pavilion and used some accent lighting to set the mood for a light and fun time. The buffets were dressed with sod with the chafing dishes placed on top and there were troughs full of ice and cold drinks. The whole event took on the look and feel of an outdoor picnic.
No party is complete without delicious beverages. The bar served fresh lemonade and mint juleps. The paths leading guests back to their cars at the end of the evening were lined with elegant candlelit luminaries. And of course, they called on us to deliver a Majestic Restroom trailer from our Top Line Series.
The event went off flawlessly thanks to the planning of some amazing employees, who really thought of every last detail. The guests had a magical time from the moment they arrived until the moment they left. A memorable night was had by all!
The Moral of the Story…
You can throw an amazing outdoor event too. One of the biggest benefits to hosting an outdoor event is the energy and freshness it adds to your event. Whatever the event, taking things outdoors is a great way to keep everyone socializing and talking long after the whole thing is over.
Our friendly staff at Blue Ribbon Restrooms loves to make our customers look good. When it’s time for planning your big event, we are here to take care of one big detail. Wouldn’t it be nice to have one fewer item on your to-do list in 2018? Contact us today for your custom quote.